The Google world headquarters is the Googleplex in Mountain View. (The word is derived from Google and complex. It is also a reference to a really huge number, called googolplex.) Here you will find the largest number of Googlers (Google employees). The first company to sell silicon semiconductors was established in the town in 1956 and Silicon Valley became a reality. Symantec, Intuit, and Mozilla Foundation are also based in Mountain View.
This lovely little town has a population of 74,000. It was settled around a stagecoach station in 1852 and named after the beautiful vista of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Located on the southern shore of San Francisco Bay, the northern end of the city is occupied by Google and parks.
Mountain View is not just a city of software. There’s a lot of fun to be had here.
Things to do in Mountain View
- For those who love the outdoors, Stevens Creek Trail is wonderful. Meandering along beside the creek, it runs from Easy Street out to the Bay. Lots of varieties of birds to watch.
- The Bay Trail offers eight miles of well maintained paths, roads and bridges and at least 50 different types of shore birds.
- The Google Android Lawn is fun for families with brightly colored android statues. Great for photos.
- Several museums, including the Moffett Field Historical Society Museum with its unique architecture and the Computer History Museum, present fascinating programs.
- The Shoreline Amphitheatre is a great concert venue.
- You definitely need to take one of the Silicon Valley tours.
With its small town attitude, you’ll find the people friendly. The charming downtown area is an eclectic mixture of interesting shops, cafes, and restaurants. Mountain View is welcoming and the climate is lovely. Come and see.
Priced from $499,000 to $3,998,000.
Sought After Experts